The Convoy of Liberation 2017
Programma rev.10 - updated the 19th April 2017Added downloadable itineraries in PDF.
Program rev.09 - updated the 16th April 2017Accommodation in public buildings like gym added.
Program rev.08 - updated of the 15th of April 2017 - Added historical notes - revised affiliated shops of the April 24th
Program rev.07 - updated of the 13th of April 2017 - affiliated shops added to April 24th
Program rev.06 - updated of the 9th of April 2017 - Details added to April 23rd
Program rev.05 - updated of the 8th of April 2017 - Registrations closed
Program rev.04 - updated of the 2nd of April 2017 - program updated
Program rev.03 - updated of the 28th of March 2017 - program of the 23rd of April updated
Program rev.02 - updated of the 16th of March 2017 - Hotel Residence WHITE PALACE fully booked
Program rev.01 - updated of the 4th of March 2017 - Hotels and form on line added
Program rev.00 - updated of the 26th of February 2017
23rd-25th April 2017
North Apennines Po Valley Park
In collaboration with ( update the 22/03/2017)
With the sponsorship of ( update the 12/04/2017)
With the support of ( update the 09/04/2017)
The time has come. For the past ten years the name “Colonna” has acquired a meaning of its own for people sharing our same interests. We also know The Column of Liberation has become a reference point in many parts of Italy, as we find out when we visit during the year sharing its spirit with others.
But since we are animated by a great passion in what we do, sometimes, maybe with excessive naivetÚ, we end up bringing the event also to places where we know some feel they are above and beyond what we –the normal people loving history and HMVs – try to achieve. The fact is we feel the Column of Liberation is surely an event with great effects in terms of touristic and economic benefits, as well as in terms of growth of the HMV community, for the areas where it takes place. So we believe it would be wrong to deprive a community from the opportunity to be part or enjoy – for free - a large scale event of this type, with its opportunity for cultural and material growth, only because it may have an effect on the local political scene, for reasons, let this be clear, which completely escape our comprehension.
“The Column of Liberation” embodies values which cannot be interpreted or used in favor of any political ideology. It is a three-dimensional history book whose inspiration comes from the wish to spread the values of peace, democracy, family, work, whose propelling force comes from the passion shared by all of us, for historical military vehicles, their preservation, restoration, and enjoyment.
This event has acquired over time an international fame thanks to the hard work all people involved, from the organizers to each and every participant, has put into it. This edition will again touch two cities of historical importance where we haven’t been before. Where we will again have the opportunity to feel genuine emotions, enjoying again the chance to be together in our passion.
So, let’s MOVE OUT! again, also this year....
Men of the 2nd Lancashire Fusiliers are carried forward on Sherman tanks near Ferrara, 22 April 1945.
THE BRITISH ARMY IN ITALY 1945ę IWM (NA 24365)
PROGRAM OF THE EVENT
Downloadable itineraries in pdf
Percorso di rientro a Cento del 25 Aprile 2017Attention - this itinerary is NOT part of the event
( provisional )
Saturday 22 April 2017
Cento ( FE )
Piazza del Guercino: 6:30 pm – 10:30 pm – 1940’s Night with live music performed by the “B-24 Liberator little big band”; exhibition of armored fighting vehicles, free eating and strolling in downtown Cento.
Sunday 23 April 2017
Cento ( FE )
Cento ( FE )
Abbazia di San Benedetto in Polirone
Men¨L'ANGOLO DEL RUSTICOVarietÓ di Focaccie artigianali a discrezione dello ChefScaglie di grana padano stagionatura 24 mesiGiardiniere, mostarde e confetture mantovanePRIMI DI CARNE AL TAVOLO...Risotto mantecato con salamellaSECONDI DI CARNE AL TAVOLO...Cappone alla Stefani con salsa delicata alla senape, sedano, uvetta e pinoli tostatiDOLCI A BUFFET...Sbrisolona ArtigianaleSbriciolona al Cioccolato di Valhrona e Pistacchi
4.00 pm - Convoy departs toward Mirasole, Quingentole and Pieve di Coriano
Men¨Rigatoni al rag¨ della tradizione (misto manzo/salsiccia di maiale)Grigliata mista di maiale (costina, salsiccia, coppone, pancetta)Patate fritte
9.30 pm - Convoy departs returning to Cento – stop for the night
Monday 24 April 2017
Cento ( FE )
9:00 a.m. Convoy departs from Via Guercino in Cento toward Corporeno, Sant'Agostino, Mirabello, Poggio Renatico, Chiesuol del Fosso
12:30 p.m. – Free Lunch
The affiliated shops ASCOM e FIPE in the list will offer a 10% discount on the listed prices to the people in uniform
7:00 p.m. Convoy returns to Cento and stops at the Grand Hotel Bologna for dinner (menu to be finalized)
11:00 p.m. Convoy stop for the night
Tuesday 25 April 2017
Cento ( FE )
9:00 a.m. Convoy departs from Via Guercino in Cento towards Renazzo, Alberone, Finale Emilia, Gavello, Pilastri, Malcantone, Santa Croce
3:00 p.m. End of the Event
Men of the 2nd Lancashire Fusiliers, supported by Achilles 17pdr tank destroyers, wait to go forward near Ferrara, 22 April 1945.
THE BRITISH ARMY IN ITALY 1945ę IWM (NA 24363)
REGISTRATION, RULES AND BEHAVIOUR OF PARTICIPANTS
1) The participation to the "Column of Liberation 2017" is subject to a pre-registration that you can accomplish by filling the on-line form. For security and organizational reasons you must also provide your valid I.D. as requested in the form.
Registration closed - for info contact the organization
2) The pre-registration must be accompanied by the payment of the TOTAL FEE which may vary depending if you are going to stay for the whole event or not (see below). The payment of the full fee in advance is necessary in order to avoid unfortunate situations which have caused huge loss to the Organization during past editions. Money can be transferred with:
-Paypal payment to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Bank Transfer to the following account: Account Holder: Gotica Toscana Onlus - Loc. Ponzalla 47, I-50038 Scarperia (FI), Italy IBAN code: IBAN IT87P0832505473000000064497
In any case, payment description must indicate "Column of Liberation 2017". An envelope containing meal tickets, road book, useful telephone number etc., will be delivered to the participant at the moment of the arrival in order to avoid any other wait. The fee is not refundable except than in case of registration refusal by the Organization or cancellation of the event.
3)The deadline for registrations is 10 April 2017. Beyond that date, the Organization reserves the right to accept further registrations.
4)In any case, participation to the event is limited to the number of individuals /vehicles compatible with existing facilities. We strongly advise to register as soon as possible, particularly if hotel accommodations are needed. Precedence, if necessary, will be given to participants for the whole event.
5) The event is open to WW2 military vehicles up to 1945.
6) Vehicles owners dressing WW2 uniforms as well as reenactors are welcome and encouraged both in group or individually. The Organization will try to accommodate everybody on WW2 vehicles, in accordance with vehicles owners, to the extent room is available but declines responsability if there is not room enough.We reccomend vehicle owners who will come in civilian attire to please avoid colors unbecoming to the type of vehicle they will be riding upon.
7) Military uniforms must be consistent with WW2 era. Allies and Axis uniforms (like Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe or Kriegsmarine, Royal Italian Army etc.) are allowed, while wearing or displaying uniforms of any political formation/organization such as PNF (Fascists Party), MVSN, NSDAP (Nazi Party) or SS units and similar are strictly forbidden.
8) All vehicles must conform to the current Italian Highway Code (Codice della Strada) Laws and Regulations. Vehicles owners and drivers will be responsible for any damages and consequences caused by their vehicles. The Organization will not be responsible for the damages caused to people or properties.
9) Deactivated weapons/ordnances and toy model guns/ordnances can be carried by participants and on vehicles only in compliance with Italian regulations. Each participant is responsible for possession/displaying/carrying of his own weapon/gun/ordnance and must conform to Italian existing Laws and Regulations and fulfill requests which may come from Law Enforcement officers. The Organization can limit the display of weapons and flags of all types during particular phases of the event or if requested to do so by Municipalities or Public/Police Authorities.
10) The behavior of every participant must be appropriate to a commemorative event. It is strictly forbidden to engage in any form of violence, harassment or other disrespectful behaviors which can upset or compromise the good outcome of the event. It is strictly forbidden to aim any kind of weapon to anybody even if deactivated or toy model.
11) During the event it is strictly forbidden to march in military cadence, sing battle hymns or national anthems or swear at other participants, visitors or local populations.
12) Reenactors and other participants will avoid to engage in any kind political discussions or to express personal views on the local or general history of the places and period. Instead, military equipment can be displayed and pertinent explanations can be given to interested people.
13) The Organization reserves at any times the right to expel from the event the participant who will obey to the present rules, without previous warning and without refunding participation fees.
14) Each group/individual will be responsible for the preservation of and damages of all kinds to areas, sites, places, rooms, services, equipments, accessories made available for use to them/him. Particular attention must be paid in case of permanence/meal/accommodation within military structures.
15) It is strictly forbidden to use any kind guns or other firing devices including blanks, fireworks, signals, smoke, and whatever else may alarm Law Enforcement and Firefighting authorities. It is also forbidden to light open-flame fires
16) Underages can join the event if accompanied/authorized (written) by their parents. In any case underages cannot man/handle weapons/guns/ordnances no matter if deactivated of toy models.
17) During the event it is forbidden to leave the column of vehicles or take your own initiative; during the stops every participant is due to respect timing which will be communicated properly.
18) No vehicle will be left behind even in case of malfunction; the Organization offers a recovery vehicle which can bear vehicles up to 3.5 metric tons.
19) The Organization informs that drivers of historical vehicles can be subject to Alcohol Test at will of Law Enforcement Authorities.
20) For issues not covered by the present rules/regulation, please contact the organization!
The Organization reserves the right to change the current program of the event without giving notice about that.
The Organization reserves the right to change the current program of the event without previous notice.
LOGISTIC AND TRASPORTATION
The Organization will provide low loading and partial financial refunds to participants in order to cover fuel and transportation costs for vehicles. Obviously, funds are limited and will be shared among participants according to their number and the time of their registration. For information contact the organization as soon as possible!
SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE
No shuttle bus are planned during the event
The Organization offers free of charge accomodations for the registered participants within military stations (if available) as weel as public buildings like gym, but in this case every participant needs to bring is own sleeping-bag.
How to reach the Gym:
PALESTRA COMUNALE GIOVANNINA Via Giovannina, 76 - Cento - FE -
The Organization provides a free of charge service of reservation for those wishing an hotel accommodations giving information about room availability and rates. Simply, tell us your requirements!
A list of hotels offering special rates to event participants are published on this page. Please take note all reservations at these hotels MUST be booked through the organization, not individually.
If you wish to arrange reservations directly in hotels or accommodations other than those listed you may do so at your own discretion.
Hotel Residence WHITE PALACEvia Bologna, 15/2 - Cento (FE)www.whitepalace.it
The tarifs are per room, per night. Breakfast, Wi-Fi. VAT included. Local tax excluded.
Bank account: CENTO HOTEL SRLIBAN IT42K0611566890000000003500bic / Swift : CRCEIT2C
Hotel Europa - CentoSocietÓ Pierre Sasvia IV Novembre 16 - 44042 Cento (Fe)
The tarifs are per room, per night. Breakfast included. VAT included. Local tax excluded.
Bank account: Soc. PIERRE S.a.s. di Rebecchi Maria Cristina IBAN: IT84S0611523401000000188300
Grand Hotel Bologna - Centro CongressiVia Ponte Nuovo, 42 - 40066 Pieve di Cento - (Bologna) Italiawww.grandhotelbologna.com
The tarifs are per room, per night. Breakfast included. VAT included. Local tax excluded.
Bank account: RISTO ITALIA SRLIBAN IT27S0103003200000006309633
Participation to whole event (3 days) includes four Italian meals (first course + second course + side dish+beverages), eventual small refreshments along the way and the Sightseeing bus in Florence, has a cost of EURO 120
Special rebates are available to members in good standing of the following associations / bodies:
HMV Italia members - € 10,00 discount
HMV Italia members with renewed ASI 2017 membership - € 20,00 discount
GoticaToscana / Museo di Felonica ordinary members - € 20,00 discount
The owner of the participanting vehicle will receive a gadget of "The Column of Liberation" for free.
If you intend to participate only to some days of the program (minimum one whole day) costs change according to the table below. Please note costs are structured to encourage participation to the whole event.
Participation fee for the Children: 0-3 years old: gratuitous; 4-9 years old: 50% discount.
PLEASE REMEMBER: the full cost for the event is due concurrent to your preregistration as previously stated
If you need further information do not hesitate to contact us via email or mobile phone as follows:
We thank in advance all those who will participate or contribute to the event in any way
Keep in touch and see you soon !!!
|Home EN Events Column 2017|