The Convoy of Liberation 2016
Program rev.13 - updated the 21st April 2016pdf of Bar and restaurants in Selvazzano Updated
Program rev.12 - updated the 19th April 2016pdf road-books updated
Program rev.11 - updated the 11th April 2016Added the GPS' coordinates of the parking and the gym. Hotel for visitors available
Program rev.10 - updated the 9th April 2016Link to the route's maps
Program rev.09 - updated the 7th April 2016Registration closed - Hotel fully booked
Program rev.08 - updated the 28th March 2016WW2 photos and maps added
Program rev.07 - updated the 25th March 2016Modified the program of the 23rd April. Departure and route from Selvazzano Dentro
Program rev.06 - updated the 14th of March 2016: Program of the 23rd of April - Padova single room added. Accommodation in public buildings like gym added
23rd-25th April 2016
North Apennines Po Valley Park
In collaboration with ( update the 24/03/2016)
With the sponsorship of ( update the 25/03/2016)
With the support of ( update the 23/02/2016)
Organizing a “Convoy of Liberation” is somewhat like visiting a friend at his place. Each edition visits places unknown to many but dear to yet others in our midst. And, as it happens in such circumstances, we always come back home conscious we found, learned something new, Italy is a Country we love with its vast universe of places, perfumes, tastes, history, and landscapes, our hearts opening just by thinking about this richness. Being welcomed by the people who live and keep alive these traditions, however, is something else, infinitely valuable to us.
Finding out, as best we can in the safety of Peace, the feelings of those who fought or endured one of the longest campaigns of World War II, is an unending discovery, made of the oral testimonies of the people we meet – their ranks getting sadly thinner every passing year – but also of images, stories, writings which today's technologies make available to all.
Yes, technology has made it immensely easier to find photos, information, people who made history 70 years before, and their descendants, than it was only a few years ago.
But enough with talking, it’s time to start the engines. Move it
La campagna Po Valley - 5 Aprile 2 Maggio 1945
Padova, piazza del Santo, 28 aprile 1945. Truppe tedesche in ritirata.
Resistenza - ''Treviso Liberata'', numero unico del CLN - Liberazione di Treviso 1945, testata giornale del CLN
PROGRAM OF THE EVENT
Pdf Road books
Bar and restaurants in Selvazzano
Saturday 23 April 2016
Attention - the following instructions are valid for the visitors only.The participant to the Convoy of Liberation are already registered.To attend to the Istrana Military Base Open Day Air Show on the 23rd of Aprileit is mandatory to register in advance at the website In Colonna al 51 - www.incolonnaal51.it
Selvazzano Dentro ( Padua ):
Men¨ self servicea 1st course, a 2nd course and a side course
Route distance traveled: Km 80 - download the route
MC205V Veltro Italian fighter. A brand-new C205V of the 51 Stormo on its arrival at is base at Sardegna
The Spring offensive - 9th April 2nd May 1945
Sunday 24 April 2016
Istrana Military Airdrome – 51st Group ( Istrana – Treviso )
Route distance traveled: Km 90 download the 1st part of the route
New Zealand tanks in Trieste - Italy
Tank della 6th South African Armoured Division
Monday 25 April 2016
Selvazzano Dentro ( Padua )
Route distance traveled: Km 40 download the route
REGISTRATION, RULES AND BEHAVIOUR OF PARTICIPANTS
1) The participation to the "Convoy of Liberation 2016" is subject to a pre-registration that you can accomplish by filling the on-line registration form. For security reasons and for expediting the hotel booking procedures it is is required that you provide us with information on your valid I.D. card.
Registration closed - Hotel fully booked;The organization can be contacted at the mobile +393357632983
2) The pre-registration must be accompanied by the payment of the TOTAL PARTICIPATION FEE which may vary depending if you are going to stay for the whole event or not (see below). The payment of the full fee in advance is necessary in order to avoid unfortunate situations which have caused huge loss to the Organization during past editions. Money can be transferred with:
a) Paypal payment to email@example.com;
b) Bank Transfer to the following bank account: Account Holder: Gotica Toscana Onlus - Loc. Ponzalla 47, I-50038 Scarperia (FI) - Italy account code - IBAN: IT87P0832505473000000064497
In all cases, the payment description must indicate "The Convoy of Liberation 2016". An envelope containing meal tickets, road book, useful telephone number etc., will be delivered to the participant at the moment of the arrival in order to avoid any other wait. The fee is not refundable except than in case of registration refusal by the Organization or cancellation of the event.
3) The deadline for registrations is April 10th, 2016. Beyond that date, the Organization reserves the right to accept further registrations.
4) In any case, participation to the event is limited to the number of individuals and vehicles compatible with existing facilities. We strongly advise to register as soon as possible, particularly if hotel accommodations are needed. Precedence will be given to participants to the whole three-day event.
5) The event is open to WW2 military vehicles up to 1945.
6) Vehicles owners dressing WW2 uniforms as well as reenactors are welcome and encouraged both in group or individually. The Organization will try to accommodate everybody on WW2 vehicles, in accordance with vehicles owners, to the extent room is available but declines responsibility if there is not room enough.
7) Military uniforms must be consistent with the WW2 era. Allies and Axis uniforms (like Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe or Kriegsmarine, Royal Italian Army etc.) are allowed, while wearing or displaying uniforms of any political formation/organization such as PNF (Fascists Party), MVSN, NSDAP (Nazi Party) or SS units and similar are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.
8) All vehicles must conform to Italian existing Highway Code (Codice della Strada) Laws and Regulations. Vehicles owners and drivers will be responsible for any damages and consequences caused by their vehicles. The Organization will not be responsible for the damages caused to people or properties.
9) Deactivated weapons/ordnances and toy model guns/ordnances can be showed and exhibited by the participants without harming other participants, visitors and the public. Deactivated weapons/ordnances must be accompanied by a deactivation certificate which MUST COMPLY with ITALIAN REGULATION which is VERY SEVERE. In all cases, every participant is responsible for possession/displaying/carrying of his own weapon/gun/ordnance and must conform to Italian existing Laws and Regulations and fulfill requests which may come from Law Enforcement officers. If necessary, the Organization can limit the display of weapons during particular phases of the event or if requested to do so by Municipalities or Public/Police Authorities
10)The behavior of every participant must be appropriate to a commemorative event. It is strictly forbidden to engage in any form of violence, harassment or other disrespectful behaviors which can upset or compromise the good outcome of the event... It is specifically forbidden to aim any kind of weapon to anybody even if deactivated or toy model
11)During the event it is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN to march, sing battle hymns or national anthems or swear at other participants, visitors or local populations.
12)Reenactors and other participants will avoid to engage in any kind political discussions or to express personal views on the local or general history of the places and period. Instead, military equipment can be displayed and pertinent explanations can be given to interested people.
13)The Organization reserves at any times the right to expel from the event the participant who will obey to the present rules, without previous warning and without refunding participation fees.
14)Each group/individual will be responsible for the preservation of and damages of all kinds to areas, sites, places, rooms, services, equipments, accessories made available for use to them/him. Particular attention must be paid in case of permanence/meal/accomodation within military structures
15)For issues not covered by the present rules/regulation, please contact the organization
16)It is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN to use any kind guns or other firing devices including blanks, fireworks, signals, smoke, and whatever else may alarm Law Enforcement and Firefighting authorities, also by lighting open fires.
17)Underages can join the event if accompanied/authorized (written) by their parents. In any case underages cannot man/handle weapons/guns/ordnances no matter if deactivated of toy models
18)During the event it is forbidden to leave the column of vehicles or take your own initiative; during the stops every participant is due to respect timing which will be communicated properly.
19)No vehicle will be left behind even in case of malfunction; the Organization offers a recovery vehicle which can bear even three axles vehicles up to 14 tons.
20)The Organization informs that drivers of historical vehicles can be subject to Alcohol Test at will of Law Enforcement Authorities.
The Organization reserves the right to change the current program of the event without previous notice.
LOGISTIC AND TRASPORTATION
The Organization will arrange for low loading of vehicles to and from the event. Financial refunds will be available covering fuel and transportation costs for vehicles. Also discount opportunities are available for people who wish to come earlier or leave after the event schedule. Funds are limited and will be shared among participants based on the time of registration. For more information about these opportunities, please contact the organization.
hOW TO REACH THE PARKING:
Via Montecchia Feriole - Selvazzano Dentro (PD)
Latitude 45░ 23' 18" - Longitude 11░ 45' 57"
Latitude N45.38833 - Longitude E11.76583
SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE
A shuttle bus service will be available on certain occasions. However, all hotels at Selvazzano and Istrana are directly accessible to HMV’s.
The Organization will provide a free of charge reservation service for the hotels offering special rates to event participants. The list of these hotels and costs for such accommodations (which will be comparable to previous years) will be available very soon on this website. We recommend all participants interested in this service to contact the organization as soon as possible to tell us your requirements.
Participants may also arrange their hotel reservations directly at their own discretion, but all reservations at the aforementioned hotels should be managed through the organization.
The Organization offers free of charge accomodations for the registered participants within military stations (if available) as weel as public buildings like gym, but in this case every participant needs to bring is own sleeping-bag. As with every service offered by the Organization, free of charge accomodations are limited and so early - registration to the event is recommendable in order to make an early reservation for the available room you are interested in!
How to reach the Gym:
Via Montecchia Feriole - Selvazzano Dentro (PD)
Latitude 45░ 22' 57" - Longitude 11░ 45' 46"
Latitude N45,3825 - Longitude E11,7627778
Best Western Premier BHR Treviso Hotel****
Classic: single room € 80,00 - double € 90,00 - triple € 135,00
Superior: single room € 120,00 - double € 140,00
Junior Suite: single room € 160,00 - double € 180,00
Presidential Suite: single room € 300,00 - double € 330,00
The tarifs are per room, per night. Breackfast, Wi-Fi included and VAT 10% included. Outdor parking. The cost for the garage is €10,00 per car per day.
HOTEL PIROGA PADOVA****
Single € 70,00 - Double € 90,00 - Triple € 115,00
The tarifs are per room, per night. Breackfast included and VAT 10% included.
Free outdor parking. Availability of the luggage depot from the 23rd of April
Hotel for visistors there are available rooms at the HOTEL CASA DEL PELLEGRINO in Padova. You can contact the hotel directlyKeyword "Convoy of Liberation"
HOTEL CASA DEL PELLEGRINO
Address: Via Melchiorre Cesarotti, 21, 35123 Padova PDTelephon:+39 049 823 9711Ask for Ms Daniela Zuanon or Monica
Participation to the whole 3-day event including five Italian-style full meals (first course + second course + side dish), as well as small refreshments along the way, has a cost of € 120,00
All participants will receive a gadget of "The Column of Liberation 2016" for free.
Discounts are available as follows:
If you wish to participate only to some days of the event costs change according to the table below. Please note costs are structured to encourage participation to the whole event. No cost fractioning is available for single days.
Participation cost for children - 0-3 years free; 4-9 years 50% discount.
The listed costs are to be paid fully in advance at the time of registration
Should you need further information do not hesitate to contact us via email or mobile phone:
We thank in advance all those who will participate or contribute to the event in any way
Keep in touch and see you soon !!!
|Home EN Events Column 2016|